You know that feeling you get Sunday night when you realize the fun of the weekend is about to come to an end? After a long winter’s break I’m feeling that times about a thousand. I.do.not.want.to.go.back.on.Monday. It’s even harder considering I just started this job in December and worked for just three weeks before getting two and a half weeks off. But because this is the Unentitlement Project, I am trying to push that aside by doing some blessing counting.
Here are some things I’m grateful for:
1. I got everything I wanted for Christmas. And a lot of rad things I didn’t even know I wanted. I have gift cards to places I actually go, a stack of books I’m excited to read, new video games and board games I can’t wait to play and a hammock. A goddamn hammock y’all. The only thing better would be a katana and a world where it’s cool to just lop off the heads of folks you don’t like.
2. Both Shameless and Girls are coming back next week.
3. Those pay-by-the-minute massage chairs. Love them with as much fervor as I hate anyone who just sits in those chairs without using them while people are waiting to use them. Fool, go get yourself a bench.
4. The fact that I don’t have to worry about writing “2014” on my checks because nobody writes checks anymore. Nobody who isn’t in front of me at the grocery store anyway.
5. This picture:
And here are some things that suck:
1. People all of a sudden saying “I’m feeling some kind of way” about everything. This bugs me as much as “it is what it is” did and even more than people inserting “literally” before literally everything. Because why bother saying you are feeling any way if you refuse to be anything more than completely vague?
2. When channels and satellite providers go to war and your shows become one big banner about how the other side is being so unfair and you wish you weren’t so invested in this bullshit because otherwise you’d show them both what’s up and stop watching but that just ain’t gonna happen so I guess I’ll just watch more ads on AMC/FX/etc
3. When even that egg nog you bought after Christmas is about to expire.