When you make the long death march into work the morning after a three-day weekend, all the gratitude you felt at having the extra day off seems to fade into a blur of misery, fatigue and dread. If you’re having a hard time finding the bright side this dreary Tuesday and just wanna feel shitty a bit longer, then this post is dedicated to you.
Universal Truths That Just Suck
- The “close door” button on elevators never works. Ever. In fact, it seems to keep the doors open longer if it senses that person who kinda smells/makes painfully awkward small talk is about to get on.
- The very same food that smells fantastic being cooked at home/in a restaurant smells like mayo left in the sun all day when someone in the office microwaves it to eat at their desk. Note that the same people who do this usually wear waaay too much perfume/cologne and indulge in annoying grooming at their desk. Is it too much to hope they trip over one of the toenails they leave all over the floor and sustain a life-ending blow to the head?
- If you think an app looks really cool or be beneficial to your life, downloading it will require updating to a new operating system, one that you have no room for on your phone because you didn’t spring for the version of your phone that cost as much as a month’s vacation in Thailand. Your life will just have to go on sucking.
- Karma works slowly. So slowly that you wonder if it’s never gonna happen, like losing your virginity or fitting into jeans without stretch again. But when it happens, karma is a glorious thing. This picture of Farrah Abraham, the most entitled, whiny, selfish bag of skin ever, is proof. Unfortunately she was able to fix it. Fortunately, she still has the ugliest cry face ever.
- Younger generations will always annoy you with their lingo but guess what? They don’t care what you think because 30 is the new dead. Can I get “please stop calling guys your age ‘kid’, nominating people for Woman Crush Wednesday/Man Crush Monday and writing THOT” on my tombstone and still have room for 5-20 words about how rad I was?
- If you never use coupons and you see a good one for a place you’ve been meaning to try and save it, you’ve just sealed your fate: you will go to that place and that coupon will be home on the counter mocking you.
- It will always take waaay longer than it should for pop culture phenomenon you refuse to be a part of to go the eff away. And as soon as it does, something new and equally shitty will pop up. 50 Shades of Grey and Frozen, I’m talking to you.
Feel better? If not then I only have this one last thing to try: