Every one of us either was or knows one of those kids that can’t stop asking why. No matter how thoughtful and detailed the response to a question is the kid cannot stop asking why until whichever well-meaning, indulging adult tells him to STFU. I was that kid. I’m now that adult.
My tendency toward inquiry greatly aids in my being both a pretty good conversationalist and a decent writer. It helped me in dating and in awkward situations and in work as a freelance journalist. So when I recently found out that a lot of new bloggers turn to prompts to get them going all I could think was, “God, I’d love to write prompts for new bloggers, get them thinking and writing about things I want to know.”
Here is a list of writing prompts I’d love to see bloggers take on.
- Tell me about a time you shit your pants.
- Would you rather walk in on your parents having sex or have them walk in on you?
- Do you think everyone thinks they’re a good photographer?
- Who do you think would win in a fight- Kris Jenner or Omarosa?
- Do you have that friend you make plans to hang out with and then remember as soon as you see them that you kind of hate them or is it just me?
6. Do you find the idea of super quick engagements incredibly romantic, incredibly stupid or both?
7. Would you rather be able to go without food or without sleep forever?
8. Don’t you find it a little odd that almost everyone calls their significant other their “best friend” even couples with nothing in common and especially couples that will never talk to the other person again once they break up?
9. If you were adopted would you want to know?
10. Is it ever really okay to dance like no one’s watching?
11. What’s the worst advice you’ve ever been given?
If you end up using any of these blogs let me know. I’d love to read your response. Inquiring minds and all that.